A POP connection is not nearly as robust as a Full Access Exchange connection as you will not be able to synchronize anything. Also, there will be no data back up possible for only a POP connection as it removes the data from the server. Below are the set up instructions for Outlook.
In Outlook, click on the Tools menu.
- Select Account settings.
- Select New in the Tool bar.
- Select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, HTTP and select Next.
- Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types and select Next.
- Select Internet E-mail and select Next.
Fill Out the form with the following settings.
Your Name : Your Name
E-mail Address : E-Mail Address
Account Type: POP3
Incoming mail server: mail.securembox.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.securembox.com
User Name : E-Mail Address
Password : Your Password
- Click the More Settings button
- Click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the box labeled My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Click OK
- Click Next
- Click Finish