If you have user aliases set up for your account, this section describes the steps necessary to send email from the alias names.
For more information, please read the differences between a user alias and a domain alias. If you do not have an alias name for your account, please contact your company network administrator to set up an alias.
If you already understand what an alias is, the next question is "How do I respond from different email addresses?" The steps below describe the set up process in Microsoft Outlook. Due to the hundreds of email clients available, the settings below should provide a good description of the process for the other applications.
Please contact your network administrator for further instruction. Please note: This can ONLY be done in Outlook and not in Outlook Web Access. Also, the outbound email for aliases must be sent via POP3.
- In Outlook, click on the Tools menu
- Click Account Settings.
- Click Next on View or Change Existing Email Accounts
- Click Add.
- Select POP3 and click Next
- Fill in your information as follows.
Your Name: Your Name
Email Address: Email address should be the OTHER address you want to sending out as
Account type: POP3
Incoming mail server - xxxx (this should fail as intended)
Outgoing mail server - mail.securembox.com
User Name (This is the email address used for login credentials (primary domain): firstname.lastname@example.org
Password: The password that is configured
- Click on the More Settings button
- Type the name of your Alias Domain (i.e. otherdomain.com or email@example.com) and the reply to address
- Click on the Outgoing Server tab and check the top check box that says My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
- Click OK
- Click Finish.
- Click the Tools menu
- Click Options
- Click the Mail Setup tab
- Click on the Send/Receive button
- Check the Schedule automatic Send and Receive every 5 minutes box.
- Highlight All Accounts and click edit
- Select the new POP3 account that you just created, uncheck the Receive mail items.
- Click OK
- Click Close
- Click OK.