The easiest and quickest way to configure a new Outlook connection to Exchange is with the Autodiscover and Outlook's built-in New Account wizard.
If you are unable to use the AutoDiscover settings, please use the following step-by-step instructions to manually configure Outlook to connect to your Exchange account. Please note that we cannot guarantee the success of this method, as the mailbox server may vary from the one displayed in the Outlook Web App (OWA) portal.
- Log into the Outlook Web App (OWA) portal at https://mail.secureowaonline.com/ with the user's credentials
- Within OWA, click on the Question Mark icon (?) in the top left corner, and click About.
- Record the server listed as "Exchange Client Access server name".
- Open the Windows Control Panel.
- Open the Mail icon.
- Click on the Show Profiles button.
- To add the Exchange account to an existing profile, double click on the profile name and click New. To Add a new profile, Click Add and enter the desired profile name.
- Check the box next to "Manually configure server settings or additional server types" and click Next.
- Select Microsoft Exchange and click Next.
- In the "Microsoft Exchange server:" field, enter the server obtained in step 3.
- In the "User Name:" field, enter the first name recorded in step 5.
- Click the More Settings button.
- Click on the Connection tab.
- Check the box labeled "Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP".
- Click the Exchange Proxy Settings button.
- In the first box labeled "Use this URL to connect to my proxy server for Exchange:", enter "na01.msexchangeoutlook.com" (without quotes).
- In the Proxy authentication settings drop-down, select Basic Authentication.
- Click OK.
- Click OK on the More Settings window.
- Click the Check Name button.
- The mail settings will connect to the Exchange server and prompt for a username and password. Enter the user's full email address and password and click OK.
- The User Name field will display the user's full name, and both fields will be underlined. Click Next.
- Click the Finish button.
- Click OK on the Mail settings window.
You will now be able to open Outlook and access your new Exchange account.
Outlook Anywhere using Autodiscover
- Open Outlook.
- Choose New Profile. (If you are not prompted for this when opening Outlook, you will need to access your Mail settings through the Computers Control Panel. Choose Start > Control Panel > Mail > Profiles > Prompt for a Profile to be used > Save > Apply)
- Input the name, email address and password of the mailbox to be connected.
- Select Next.
- Online search for your server settings will generate configuring......
- Outlook will prompt for your password > enter the password > Configuring Outlook for first Use.
Please Note: We always recommend that you try logging into OWA (Outlook Web Access - https://mail.secureowaonline.com) to confirm that your username and password are functioning properly.
If you are unable to log into OWA, please contact your system administrator as soon as possible to confirm the username, password, and access level that was given to you.