If you have Distribution Lists
set up for your account, this section describes the steps necessary to
send e-mail from the Distribution List using a POP3 configuration.
Before configuring you must add permissions to send as the Distribution List within the Control Panel.
- In Outlook click the Tools menu.
- Click Account Settings.
- Under E-mail Tab: Click 'New'
- Under 'Choose E-mail Service' be sure that the 'Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP' radial button is selected and Click Next
- Under Auto Account Setup Check 'Manually configure server settings or additional server types'
- Click Next
- Under 'Choose E-mail Service' be sure 'Internet E-mail' is radial button is selected and click Next
Your Name: (Distribution List Name)
E-mail address: (Distribution List e-mail address)
Account Type: Pop3
Incoming Mail Server: xxxx
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): na01.msexchangeoutlook.com
User Name: (this must be the login/e-mail address of the user's mailbox sending from)
Password: (this must be the login/password of the user's mailbox sending from)
- Make sure 'Remember Password' is checked
- Click 'More Settings'
- Under the 'General' tab be sure the Distribution List e-mail address is listed under 'Mail Account'
- Under the 'Outgoing Server' tab check 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication'
- Under Advanced tab: if your ISP blocks port 25 you can change 'Outgoing server (SMTP)' to 587
- Click 'OK'
- Click 'Finish'
- In Outlook, click the Tools menu
- Click Options
- Click the Mail Setup tab
- Click on the Send/Receive button
- Check the 'Schedule automatic Send and Receive every 5 minutes' box.
- Highlight 'All Accounts' and click Edit
- Select the new POP3/Distribution List account that you just created, uncheck 'Receive mail items'.
- Click OK
- Click Close
- Click OK.
In Outlook, create a new e-mail message. Under the send button, you will see an Accounts button with a drop down selection of the accounts on that allows you to select which e-mail account the e-mail comes from.
NOTE: This can ONLY be done in Outlook and not in Outlook Web Access. Also, the outbound e-mail for distribution lists must be sent via POP3